How We Do Business Law
Take the free assessment today!
Click here to find out if your business is legally vulnerable!
1. Sign Up
Once you sign up for the Corporate Counsel Initiative™, you may call or email us immediately with legal questions or concerns that you have, or even have us review a unique legal document or situation that you are concerned about.
Each month, you get up to 1 hour of legal consultation or analysis with us. If you need further time, we charge a low hourly rate of $225 per hour.
2. Take the Sparks Law Assessment
When you first sign up, we recommend that you take the Sparks Law Assessment (link). This is a high level survey that is meant to spot larger issues with your company that may require immediate attention.
For example, if your company is not properly registered with your Secretary of State’s office, your entity might be administratively dissolved.
3. Send Your Documents
When you sign up, you will receive an email from our team requesting that particular month’s selected contract or company policies for our review.
We have divided business and corporate law issues into twelve major categories, one for every month. This allows us to offer a complete legal review of our business clients, on a rolling 12-month basis.
4. Stay Current
Every month, while we are reviewing a part of your business, you will also receive a legal memorandum, updating you on important changes in the law or compliance issues that you need to be aware of.
For better or worse, government agencies and state and federal laws change unpredictably. These changes to the rules create a moving target; and if you, as a business owner, miss one of these changes, you are liable to get audited and could lose your business as a result. As entrepreneurs ourselves, it is important to us that businesses are successful, and our monthly memorandum is a key part of maintaining our client’s success.
5. Get Results
Once we have reviewed that month’s part of your business, you will receive your Corporate Counsel Initiative™ review results. This includes a simple traffic light report (Red, Yellow or Green) with a memorandum on your particular company’s legal footing, a list of any legal vulnerabilities we uncovered, and our recommendations for solving those issues.
- If you get a Green light, your company has what it needs.
- If you get a Yellow light, what we reviewed looks okay, but we found some medium risk issues that need to be fixed soon.
- If you get a Red light, either the contract you sent us had serious issues, or you did not have an agreement in place at all. In this case, we suggest that you take care of the issue as soon as possible, and provide you with our proposal to solve the issue.
Corporate Counsel Initiative™
When you sign up for our Corporate Counsel Initiative™, you will receive:
- A complete legal review of your business within 12 months of signing up;
- Up to one hour of legal advice, consultation and/or contract analysis each month;
- A monthly legal memorandum on recent developments in the law, and/or regulatory compliance changes that business owners need to be aware of; and
- A low hourly rate of $225 for additional attorney time throughout the month.